Stocks Open Higher
Stocks opened higher on Friday as energy stocks led the way on higher oil prices. Texas Instruments (TXN ) raised its earnings outlook, but any gains in semiconductors were offset by Intel, which maintained the midpoint of its third-quarter guidance. The Dow Jones industrial average rose 19.83 points, or 0.19%, to 10,615.76. The broader Standard & Poor's 500 index was up 3.24 points, or 0.26%, to 1,234.91. The tech-heavy Nasdaq composite index fell 0.72 points, or 0.03%, to 2,166.75.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations