Cisco's Contribution to Reestablishing Communications in New OrleansBy
Thousands of people in the path of Katrina are finding out that cell phones are not as wireless as they thought. Since cell calls are switched over to fiber-optic networks after they reach the nearest local cell tower, cell phones are of no use in areas where the local phone network is down--as it is in New Orleans and much of the surrounding areas.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders