Why the U.S. Patent System is a MessBy
Everyone agrees the U.S. patent system is a mess. There's a very simple reason why--the two industries which depend the most on innovation, pharmaceuticals and information technology, have very different interests. Ben Worthen discusses the Patent Reform Act of 2005, which was introduced in June by Representative Lamar Smith (R- TX), chairman of the House subcommittee on Courts, the Internet, and Intellectual Property. Worthen notes that
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks, Treasuries Rise as Greenback Weakens: Markets Wrap