Do we have a policy on citing blogs?
A reader comment from John Cass asks if we have a policy on referencing blogs at BusinessWeek. I don't think we do, but common sense should suffice. Blogs are people's voices. So quoting one is like quoting anyone else. It has more credibility if it comes with a name. If the blog attacks a person (or company), then that person must be given a chance to respond. If a blog is from a company official, such as GM's Bob Lutz, it can be quoted as his words (though an interview is preferable). No doubt quoting from blogs will be on the rise, simply because blogging is the way more and more people are talking.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’