Wikipedia: the French beg to differ
In the different languages of Wikipedia, history takes different turns, David Weinberger points out. The Japanese and Korean versions of the open-source encyclopedia differ on various islands, predictably enough, and the French don't necessarily agree with the Anglos that the Wright Brothers invented the airplane. These international Wikipedias are a great resource for cultural studies. Ross Mayfield has more.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt