Ebbers verdictSteve Rosenbush
U.S. district judge Barbara Jones sentenced former MCI CEO Bernard Ebbers to 25 years in prison today, and the perception of white collar crime in the U.S. might never be quite the same. The duration of the sentence eliminates any doubt that prosecutors and judges view white collar crime as less serious than violent crime.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap