Startups on the Fundraising TrailJustin Hibbard
Want to know which private companies are currently raising money in the late-stage VC market? Click on the extended entry.
* Alien Technology Corp., maker of radio frequency identification tags, is raising $25 million in its eighth round of preferred-stock financing. Prior investors include New Enterprise Associates and Sevin Rosen Funds. This company is often mentioned as a likely IPO candidate.
* Good Technology Inc., maker of software for wireless devices, is raising $65 million in its fifth round of preferred-stock financing. Prior investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Benchmark Capital, and Clearstone Venture Partners. This company is also on the radar of IPO-watchers.
* Celetronix USA Inc., provider of electronics manufacturing services, is raising $5 million in a private convertible note offering. Prior investors include New Enterprise Associates and Golden Gate Capital.
* FireFly Mobile Inc., maker of mobile phones for kids, is raising $10 million in its second round of preferred-stock financing. Prior investor is ComVentures.
* Ygnition Networks Inc., provider of broadband Internet service to apartment and condo dwellers, is raising $17 million in its fourth round of preferred-stock financing. Prior investors include ComVentures and Chrysalis Ventures.