Gizmo Takes On SkypeRob Hof
Michael Robertson seems to enjoy trying to shake up the powers that be, as he did in music with MP3.com and in computer software with Lindows (now Linspire). Now, he has jumped into the surging field of Internet telephony with Gizmo, the working name for a voice-over-Internet protocol program from his latest venture, SIPphone. Robertson, naturally, thinks the more open nature of Gizmo will win over millions of people who have been using Skype, the runaway hit in free Internet telephony. Gizmo uses the open Session Initiation Protocol vs. Skype's proprietary technology.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing