More about software patentsSteve Hamm
I sure got knocked around by TechBeat readers for my pro-patent posting last week. Thirty people say I'm an idiot. The folks at Red Hat, the leading distributor of Linux software, were much kinder. They sent me a note to tell me about the stand they've taken on patents. They agree that software patents have their place, but they want to make sure the process isn't abused to the detriment of collaboration. I can endorse that.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day