Cable's new DiscoveryBy
Discovery Communications, the cable tv network that brings us Animal Planet and The Science Channel, has discovered a new beast: the real estate speculator. A new show called Flip That House, premiering on the Discovery Home Channel, will feature real life stories about people rapidly buying and selling homes in the real estate jungle before they get eaten alive. In episode two, for example, homeowner Kelly goes over budget with a hip North Hollywood home purchased for $370,000. She ultimately sells it though for $549,000, netting her a $124,000 profit. I'm not sure what the life span of a show like this will be, but it beats watching insects mate.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts