Stocks End with Modest Losses
Major stock indexes closed lower Wednesday, as a drop in oil prices and improved first-quarter GDP reading failed to create buying momentum after Tuesday's rally. Trading was cautious ahead of Thursday's Federal Reserve policy announcement, according to Standard & Poor's MarketScope. A 6% jump in software maker Oracle, which reported stronger than expected earnings, helped limit losses in the Nasdaq.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing