Boeing's Duel With Complacency
Boeing Chairman Lewis Platt has been a steady and calm force during some turbulent times at the world's largest aerospace company. Since the abrupt resignation of CEO Harry Stonecipher in March for having an affair with a female executive, Platt has been one of the most visible nonexecutive chairmen in Corporate America. He has been Boeing's (BA ) point man in the case against Airbus receiving subsidized government loans for aircraft development, known as launch aid, and he's heading the CEO search. He even makes sales calls -- he'll be doing that in Asia next month.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day