European Stocks Rise
European stock markets finished higher on Monday. London's FTSE 100 index was up 20 points, or 0.4%, to 5,050.4, a four-month high, with help from some takeover deals. Among stocks on the move, Hanson was higher after a 6.25 billion euro unsolicited bid for Germany's HeidelbergCement AG raised the prospect the British company may become a takeover target. Royal & Sun, a potential target of Corvus Capital, was higher. Daniel Stewart Securities rose after reporting its full-year profit more than doubled.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Pare Drop, Treasuries Rise With Gold: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting