Length of Unemployment: Up or Down?
Just read several interesting items on the length of unemployment. Paul Krugman wrote in the NYT on May 23 that "unemployment lasts much longer than it used to." Writing in EconoPundit, Steve Antler argues, with a little chart, that "relative to 1983 recession-peak-unemployment lasts about two weeks less than it used to." Brad DeLong responds, with yet more charts, arguing that Krugman is right, and that "Steve Antler writes with forked tongue."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone