Stocks Finish Higher
Stocks jumped on Friday as oil prices plunged to below $50 per barrel. Investors also weighed a larger-than-expected drop in consumer confidence and readings that eased concerns about inflation. Portfolio rebalancing prior to month-end contributed to gains and drove volume higher, according to Standard & Poor's MarketScope.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing