How Much for Teri Hatcher?Justin Hibbard
Star Jones is 43 today, Pat O'Brien is America's new pornographer, and Delivery Agent has just raised $5.5 million. These are three prophetic signs of television's ongoing slouch toward Bethlehem. Has TV Gone Too Far? asks this week's Time magazine with Teri Hatcher mocking the question on the cover. Not far enough! sez Delivery Agent, which has revived the old idear of turning the tube into a point-and-click impulse buyer's candyland. Hey, this is cool, cuz I've wanted to buy the Knight Rider car for years. Now I can point my remote at it, click, and it's mine. If I can just link my home equity line of credit directly to my TV and bring back , I'll never leave the couch!
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Hong Kong's Richest Woman Loses Half Her Wealth on Stock Plunge
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Stocks Slide in Broad Selloff; Brexit Spurs Pound: Markets Wrap
- Snowstorm Looms as Spring Begins in Washington, Mid-Atlantic