Yahoo! snaps up FlickrRob Hof
After weeks of rumors, it's now official: Yahoo! has bought Flickr, the red-hot photo-sharing site. Yahoo! cofounder Jerry Yang, appearing at PC Forum in Scottsdale today, took pains to assure Flickr fans that Yahoo! will keep the Flickr team intact and avoid doing anything to make users feel they're being taken advantage of following the acquisition. Clearly, he views Flickr as a key addition to Yahoo!'s accelerating attempts, such as the coming Yahoo! 360 bundle of community services, to create more solid online communities. To get an idea of what Flickr users think, check it out here. Not all of them sound thrilled.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt