Roche Gains on Genentech Findings
Switzerland: Drugs group Roche was up 5.80 Swiss francs to 126.40 francs, after the company's U.S. subsidiary Genentech (DNA ) saw the U.S. National Cancer Institute say that lung cancer patients who were given its Avastin treatment along with standard chemotherapy live longer. Genentech gained over 25% after the Avastin news. Goldman Sachs thinks that with positive data on Avastin, investor concern about the risk to current Avastin estimates from PTK787 competition from Novartis and Schering may be diminished. The bank ranks the stock in line.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Why Are Critics Calling the $450 Million Painting Fake?