Stocks Close Mixed
Major stock indices closed mixed in moderate volume Thursday. Inflation concerns persisted despite a slide in oil prices and a pull-back in the 10-year Treasury yield, as many forecasters believe interest rates and inflation are headed higher, according to Standard & Poor's MarketScope. Energy and basic materials stocks fell on profit-taking.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt