Stocks Close Mixed
Major U.S. stock indexes closed flat Wednesday in light trading, showing little reaction to Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan's comments to the Senate, according to Standard & Poor's MarketScope. Treasuries fell, as investors interpreted Greenspan's comments as a sign that the Fed might raise interest rates.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap