Meet the Enemy
If filling out the standard 1040 income-tax form seems tortuous, wait until you encounter Form 6251, which computes the alternative minimum tax. You do it after you've done the 1040, and it makes you recalculate your tax bill using a different and generally more complex set of rules. You then pay whichever amount is higher.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock