AG Edwards Downgrades Qwest
AG Edwards downgrades Qwest Communications (Q ) to sell from hold.
Analyst Anthony Ferrugia says he is downgrading Qwest on price appreciation sparked by the prospective merger with MCI.
He notes it's difficult to precisely quantify what a deal may look like since valuations currently being driven by leaks and rumors.
But he adds, given Qwest's equity market cap of $6 billion with Qwest stock trading in the $3.30 range before November 2004, MCIP's equity market cap of $5.5 billion with MCI stock in the $17 trading range over same time period, he believes that even with generous synergy assumption, an all-stock deal by Qwest to buy MCI is more than priced into Qwest shares.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Producer and DJ Known as Avicii Has Been Found Dead
- Deutsche Bank's Bad News Gets Worse With $35 Billion Flub
- Wells Fargo's $1 Billion Pact Gives U.S. Power to Fire Managers
- Oil Erases Losses as Impact of Trump Tweet on High Price Fizzles
- The U.K. Just Went 55 Hours Without Using Coal for the First Time in History