Lenovo's "Unique Opportunity"
IBM's decision to sell its PC business to China's Lenovo caught many by surprise. To get the Chinese company's perspective on the deal, BusinessWeek Beijing Bureau Chief Dexter Roberts spoke with Lenovo Chief Financial Officer Mary Ma by phone on Dec. 7, the day the unusually structured $1.75 billion deal was announced (see BW Online, 12/8/04, "IBM's Chinese Adventure"). Edited excerpts of their conversation follow:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy