The New Terrain for Silicon Valley
Stanford University President John L. Hennessy is both an academic and a groundbreaker in computer engineering. In 1981, he led a team of researchers who developed a new variety of computer chip that was both faster and cheaper than earlier chips. His innovation help lead the way to now-standard corporate computing where PCs constantly talk to the server computers that are still replacing mainframes in back offices.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's