Treasuries Finish Lower
Treasuries opened Friday's holiday-shortened session lower. The conflicting news overnight regarding a news article that said China was reducing dollar-denominated reserves sent the dollar plunging to a new low and pulled Treasursies lower as well. But a Chinese central bank official denied the story, with Treasuries and the dollar then paring losses by the time New York trading opened. Interestingly, the yield curve steepened on the move. Flows were practically non-existent from retail accounts, as Friday was an extension of the Thanksgiving day holiday.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single