Europe, Asia Markets Mixed
European stock markets were mixed on Wednesday. In London, the Financial Times-Stock Exchange 100 index fell 23.00 points to 4719.40 even though Brent crude oil futures fell 18 cents to $44.30 on profit taking and the release of mixed inventory reports. British Land was lower after reporting its first half net fell 12%. Tomkins plunged 6% after reporting third-quarter sales fell 10%. ICAP fell 3.5% as first half net fell to 36.7 million pounds from 46.1 million pounds from the year earlier. Northern Rock lost 2.8% after Credit Suisse First Boston cut its recommendation on stock to neutral from outperform.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's