More evidence of a stronger economySteve Rosenbush
The economy's underlying strength, which was obscured during the campaign, is becoming more obvious by the day. While weekly jobless claims rose slightly, they're still lower than analysts expected, according to CBS Marketwatch. The closely watched four-week moving average actually fell. The trade deficit is declining and oil prices have dropped to $47 a barrel. They appear to be heading lower, the winter home-heating season notwithstanding. Now we need to see whether this strength in the economy helps reduce the budget deficit. I expect it will.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas