The Gameplan for Team BushRichard Dunham
On the eve of the Republican National Convention, GOP officials for the first time released a detailed convention schedule and, not surprisingly, it has a heavy emphasis on the key swing states in the election. Still, it’s impressive to see how no detail is left to chance. Even the choice of Pledge of Allegiance reciters and national anthem singers is tailored with battleground states in mind. Four of the five pledge leaders and an identical share of anthem singers who will speak at the convention live in states that are still up for grabs. Indeed, the smattering of good home-town publicity for such an honor can do nothing but help President Bush’s re-election efforts. So why waste a Pledge of Allegiance on a state that is sure to go for or against the President?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing