Give Seas a Chance
Professor Callum Roberts, a marine conservation biologist in the Environment Dept. at the University of York in England, is one of the most well-respected and passionate advocates of protected marine reserves. The work done by Roberts, 42, is especially timely: The world's oceans are in their worst state in the history of humanity. Fisheries are in steep decline, and fish stocks have fallen to a paltry 10% or less since the onset of commercial fishing. Roberts has focused on coming up with innovative ways of creating and protecting national networks of marine parks.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas