Stocks Finish with Strong Gains
The major indexes streaked higher on Tuesday thanks to upbeat corporate results, with strong profits from Dow component Verizon Communications (VZ ) helping drive the blue-chip market gauge back over the psychologically important 10,000 mark. The Dow Jones industrial average closed up 123.22 points, or 1.24%, at 10,085.14. The broader Standard & Poor's 500 index finished ahead 10.76 points, or 0.99%, at 1,094.83. The tech-heavy Nasdaq composite gained 30.08 points, or 1.64%, to 1,869.10.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing