The Good News About Higher Rates
The U.S. has finally gotten the economic recovery it has long wished for. But with better times come higher interest rates. For Bart Geer, managing director and senior portfolio manager for Putnam Investments' large-cap value team, the worry over rising rates is good news. After all, Putnam's Equity Income Fund (PEYAX ), which is led by Geer, emphasizes dividend-paying names and value. He points out that the market has already started turning away from riskier investments in favor of "higher quality" companies.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash