After Eisner: Stanley Gold's "Short List"
In 1984, with Walt Disney Co. (DIS ) under attack from corporate raiders, former lawyer Stanley Gold engineered the hiring of Michael Eisner and Frank Wells, the team that brought the fabled company back from the brink. Now, the 61-year-old Gold, who runs Shamrock Holdings, Roy Disney's investment wing, is leading the fight to oust Eisner as Disney's CEO. The most recent skirmish: the annual meeting where 45% of Disney investors voted against Eisner's reelection to the board.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks