Consumer Prices Jump
The consumer price index for March rose 0.5%, higher than market expectations of 0.3%. Core CPI, which excludes food and energy, was up 0.4% for the month and was also above market expectations of 0.2%. Higher than expected inflation in both core and all items will raise expectations that a rate hike will come sooner than later.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas