Watch the Nasdaq for a Bullish Clue
A short-term pause in a bull market -- that's how Pat O'Neil, manager of the Loring Hedge Fund and president of Loring Investment, sees the state of stocks today. He expects the market to resume its push upward. O'Neil suggests watching volume on the Nasdaq for a clue to the next move and says he would like to see that volume at 2 billion shares in a day, with a 2% climb in the index. At the moment, he's 35% in cash but is watching his current favorite sectors -- wireless telecom and Internet security -- and looking for the best stocks there to ride up. He likes to buy when it looks as if the market will be going up in the next two or three months.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single