Stewart Judge Drops Fraud Charge
The judge in the Martha Stewart case dropped the securities fraud charge against the celebrity. She still faces the less serious charges of obstruction of justice and for lying to investigators about the timing of her sale of ImClone Systems (IMCL ). The judge said prosecutors had failed to present sufficient evidence to allow the jury to decide the matter. Shares of Stewart's company, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (MSO ), rose following the announcement.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis