How to Spend a $1.5 Billion Windfall?
It isn't every day that a charity gets a $1.5 billion donation from a fastfood restaurant heiress. No wonder Salvation Army officials are ecstatic over the unprecedented generosity of Joan B. Kroc, the billionaire widow of McDonald's (MCD ) founder Ray Kroc. Recently deceased, she left the bulk of her estate to the organization. It's "as if it comes from God," says Army Commissioner W. Todd Bassett. Behind the joy lie far more earthly concerns, however.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap