CS First Boston Cuts Delta Air to 'Underperform'
CS First Boston downgraded Delta Air Lines (DAL ) to underperform from neutral.
Analyst James Higgins says according to reports, Delta's pilots' union is close to abandoning hopes for a pact on givebacks that Delta requested in mid-contract talks. He thinks the labor issues here will drag out and possibly heat up in the near future.
Higgins now thinks this issue is getting more complex and is increasing investors' concerns as Delta is in a growing period of "financial bleeding." He's not predicting a bankruptcy filing, but he thinks Delta may have come close to that threat. He's keeping the $4.00 2004 loss estimate, and cut the price target t
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- China Warns It May Retaliate If U.S. Imposes Metal Tariffs
- Box-Office Smash ‘Black Panther’ May Be Game Changer for Artists
- European Stocks Falter After Asia Rally; Oil Rises: Markets Wrap
- Saudi Arabia Is Taking a Harder Line on Oil Prices
- Noble Group Flags $5 Billion Loss as Debt-Deal Endgame Nears