A Holiday of "Now-or-Never" Gifts?
This holiday season, many shoppers will be motivated to spend on luxury goods and big-ticket items by a feeling of "If not now, when?" That's according to retailing guru Paco Underhill, founder and managing director of retail consultancy Envirosell. With the economy improving while the global political outlook remains unstable, Underhill says many shoppers will use the holidays as an excuse to treat themselves or their families to once-in-a-lifetime splurges like a Rolex watch, a boat, a second home, or an exotic vacation.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’