Wholesale Prices Rise More Than Forecast
The September overall producer price index (PPI) rose 0.3%, while the core aggregate (which excludes food and energy) was unchanged. The headline figure was stronger than expected, and was led by a 1.2% surge in food prices that followed August's 0.7% gain. Accounting for much of the gain was a 21% jump in vegetable prices.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing