A Cruel Summer for the Labor Market
The jobless recovery rolls along as the labor market can't seem to shake off its recent torpor. The Labor Dept.'s August employment report, released Sept. 5, showed a decline of 93,000 in nonfarm payrolls on the month, while the unemployment rate fell to 6.1% from 6.2%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt