Stocks Finish Higher
Stocks finished with small gains Thursday -- sending to the major averages to another new high for the year -- on a busy day for economic data releases. Broad gains in technology stocks continues to be the main market theme, notes Standard & Poor's MarketScope. In particular, the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index rose 2.5%. Meanwhile, weakness in pharmaceuticals and financials held back the S&P 500.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas