Merrill Lynch and Banc of America upgraded Monsanto (MON ) to buy after Monsanto, Solutia, and Pfizer unit Pharmacia agreed to a global settlement involving PCB contamination litigation in Alabama. Monsanto will pay $390 million in cash, Solutia will pay $50 million and the rest will be covered by insurance. S&P reiterates avoid.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing