Legg Mason Keeps 'Sell' on Commerce Bancorp
Legg Mason reiterates sell on Commerce Bancorp (CBH ).
Analyst Adam Barkstrom says the ratio of investment securities to assets now totals 56% of total assets at Commerce. He says his concern centers Commerce's reduction of tangible equity levels through reducing its available-for-sale gain on the company's bond portfolio, as the 10-year Treasury yield continues to climb.
Barkstrom notes this is exacerbated by the fact that Commerce is a high-growth story with very thin capital levels, which he thinks will force Commerce to slow growth, or, more likely, raise equity capital.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- China Warns It May Retaliate If U.S. Imposes Metal Tariffs
- Box-Office Smash ‘Black Panther’ May Be Game Changer for Artists
- European Stocks Falter After Asia Rally; Oil Rises: Markets Wrap
- Saudi Arabia Is Taking a Harder Line on Oil Prices
- Noble Group Flags $5 Billion Loss as Debt-Deal Endgame Nears