Treasuries End Mostly Lower
Treasuries erased yesterday's corrective rally, as economic gravity got the better of them following a plunge in jobless claims on Thursday. In all likelihood the data was distorted by auto retooling effects, which typically raise claims in July then lower them. Yet, claims plunged 29,000 to 386,000, with commensurate drops in the 4-week moving average and continued claims, feeding the market's fears that the economy continues to right itself.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt