A Republican Populist On a Mission
Representative Richard H. Baker (R-La.) and Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan share two interests: stargazing and curbing the risk to the financial system posed by mortgage-finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. So when Baker got a photo of a star exploding into two gaseous clouds, he sent a copy to Greenspan with a note about the risks represented by big, complex systems -- a thinly veiled allusion to the two mortgage behemoths.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing