The Wild World of "Open-Source Media"
As U.S. troops moved into Baghdad in early April, the media moved with them. Some 600 reporters, camera operators, and producers were there -- to beam every move, every explosion, and an occasional death back to the U.S. But people who really wanted to know what was happening on the ground turned away from their TVs to the Web log -- the online diary -- of a young Baghdad resident who called himself "Salam Pax."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy