Making the Most of Your Flier Miles
After Mark Scharff and his wife had twins 16 months ago and bought a house, he decided it made more sense to use his 1 million assorted frequent-flier miles on the ground than in the air. So the Chicago sales rep for a New Jersey scale-and-balance company went to Points.com, where he exchanged miles for retail gift certificates through Holiday Inn (IHG )'s Priority Club plan. Then he bought new kitchen appliances and a big-screen TV at Sears (S ) Roebuck. He also has a $300 credit at Home Depot (HD ), where he plans to buy garden gear.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Stocks Decline on Tech Woes While Treasuries Rally: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself