An Easy Antidote to Employee Theft
For retailers large and small, the cash register is the center of the universe. It collects the bucks, measures success, and underwrites the future. Yet, the cash drawer often proves irresistible to light-fingered employees. According to the 2001 National Retail Security Survey conducted by the University of Florida, 46% of the $32 billion in total retail theft losses nationwide are due to employees helping themselves to the profits (to read the report in .pdf format click here).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts