Treasuries Improve, and Finish Higher
Hopes built over the session Monday that the FOMC might at least introduce a weakened assessment of economic risks at Tuesday's meeting, though the vast majority of market participants do not expect a rate cut. The data was pretty evenly split, with services ISM bouncing back above 50 to 50.7 (from 47.9), while the Challenger Layoff report jumped 71% to 146,000.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes