Housing Hasn't Hit the Roof Yet
After three straight years of record sales, it's understandable that the red-hot housing market, which has been the wobbly economy's pillar of strength, would start to cool from its torrid pace. But anyone who doubts that housing still has legs should just ask D.R. Horton (DHI ). On Apr. 16, the Arlington (Tex.)-based homebuilder racked up another quarter of record double-digit sales and profit gains. Net income shot up 44%, to $127.8 million, on $1.9 billion in sales, up 19% over the year-ago quarter.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's